Week 3 Michigan High School Football Power RankingsFootball  |
1. Detroit Cass Tech (2-0) – After beating Oak Park in week one, the Technicians followed that up with a blowout win over Detroit CMA last week. Going through an easy stretch of their schedule right now, don’t expect Cass Tech to be unseated from the No. 1 ranking anytime soon.
2. Detroit King (2-0) – Many (myself included) underestimated the Crusaders heading into this season, but through two weeks, King again looks like one of the favorites to win the Division 2 title. In their wins over Southfield A&T and Detroit Central, the Crusaders have outscored opponents 78-6 so far in 2016.
3. Utica Eisenhower (2-0) – Eisenhower’s week two win over Dakota might have been the most impressive in the state. The Eagles’ defense isn’t messing around in 2016, after holding Plymouth to just seven points in week one, the high octane Dakota offense manufactured just 13 points in week two.
4. Detroit Catholic Central (2-0) – After a dominant week one effort for the Shamrocks, Catholic Central’s strong play carried over into week two, rolling its way to a 29-7 win over one of Ohio’s top teams, Toledo Whitmer.
5. Hudsonville (2-0) – Already off to a strong start in 2016 with wins over Grand Ledge and Holt, Hudsonville has a pair of tough tests in the next two weeks as the Eagles will East Kentwood on the road this week and Grandville at home in week four.
6. Muskegon (1-1) – Despite their loss in week two to Lincolnshire Stevenson, one of the best teams the state of Illinois has to offer, the Big Reds remain one of Michigan’s best teams and could enter their week 8 showdown with Mona Shores with just one loss.
7. Walled Lake Western (2-0) – The Warriors got a challenge from Canton in Week 2, but Cody White again filled in at quarterback for Western and led the way to a 33-30 win.
8. Macomb Dakota (1-1) – A tough loss to Eisenhower in week two, but Dakota stays in the top 10 as we head into week three. If running back Kaiser Carleton can return to the starting lineup healthy, the Cougars should have no trouble staying at the top of the rankings.
9. Orchard Lake St. Mary’s (1-1) – A solid bounce back win over Loyola, but the schedule doesn’t get any easier for the Eaglets as host Mishawaka Penn, one of Indiana’s top teams, followed by games against U-D Jesuit and Warren De La Salle
10. Lowell (2-0) – A hard fought win over a tough Rockford team last week has Lowell in the Top 10 this week. The Red Arrows have another tough test against East Grand Rapids this week, but it wouldn’t be a surprise if Lowell finished the season ranked in the top five in Michigan.Tweet