Top 25 HS Football Teams: Muskegon takes over top spot after Lowell losses to E. Grand RapidsFootball  |
1. Muskegon (3-0), A: The Big Reds outclassed yet another opponent last week defeating Fruitport, 68-0. The Big Reds play at Byron Center on Friday.
2. Detroit Cass Tech (2-1), A: The Technicians ran over Detroit Henry Ford, 53-6, last week and will play another patsy (Detroit College Prep) on Friday.
3. Utica Eisenhower (3-0), A: The Eagles had a breather (42-0 over Roseville) before taking on Clinton Township Chippewa Valley on Friday in a game that will go a long way in deciding the MAC Red Division title.
4. Detroit King (2-1), A: King got back on track with a 42-0 victory over Detroit Douglass and Detroit Pershing is next.
5. Walled Lake Western (3-0), A: Western had a bit of trouble last week but prevailed, 21-7, over Waterford Kettering. The Warriors play another home game this week against Waterford Mott.
6. Clinton Township Chippewa Valley (3-0), A: The Big Reds tuned up for Utica Eisenhower in next week’s showdown with a 42-0 victory over Warren Cousino.
7. Muskegon Mona Shores (3-0), A: The Sailors got past a brutal part of their schedule by defeating Rockford, 30-24, in overtime. Next is a Muskegon Reeths-Puffer team which is 3-0 for the first time since 1999.
8. Clarkston (3-0), A: The Wolves got their offense in gear last week as they defeated Bloomfield Hills, 34-20. A hungry West Bloomfield team is next.
9. Detroit Catholic Central (2-1), A: The Shamrocks rebounded from their loss to Toledo Whitmer by defeating U-D Jesuit, 28-18. C.C. will play at Cleveland St. Ignatius on Friday.
10. East Grand Rapids (3-0), A: Mark Boeve kicked a 21-yard field with 3:36 left to give the Pioneers a shocking 16-14 victory over then top-ranked Lowell. The Pioneers were ranked No. 24 before this win and remember, in the opener, they whipped Farmington Hills Harrison, 33-8, giving the Hawks their only loss this season. Middleville Thornapple Kellogg is next for the Pioneers.
11. Lowell (2-1), A: The Red Arrows lost to East Grand Rapids, 16-14, in a game played at Lowell on a field goal in the final few minutes. Look for Lowell to win its next six and enter the playoffs at 8-1. Winless Grand Rapids Ottawa Hills is next.
12. Traverse City West (3-0), A: The Titans won an emotional 29-27 game ending a four-game losing streak to Traverse City Central. Andrew Campbell made some big plays for West including a 45-yard TD run with 1:15 left. A trap game is next as Petoskey visits Thirlby Field on Friday.
13. East Kentwood (3-0), A: The Falcons got a serious scare from Hudsonville but prevailed, 24-17. They play their third consecutive road game on Friday in an O-K Conference crossover at Grand Rapids Forest Hills Northern.
14. Dearborn Divine Child (3-0), B: Nine different players carries the football in the Falcons’ 42-14 victory over Detroit Edison last week. They have a Catholic League crossover at home against Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook Kingswood on Friday before their league season starts on Sept. 22.
15. Davison (3-0), A: Quarterback Cannon Hall rushed for two TDs and passed for another as the Cardinals defeated Flint Carman-Ainsworth, 50-13. Davison plays at Flint Southwestern on Friday.
16. Oak Park (2-1), A: The Knights recorded their second consecutive shutout last week (28-0 over Birmingham Seaholm) and face a huge test this Friday at Birmingham Groves (3-0).
17. Saline (2-1), A: The Hornets continue to improve and they defeated Temperance Bedford 31-7 last week. This Friday should be a breather as they host Ann Arbor Huron (0-3).
18. Belleville (3-0), A: The Tigers ran past Dearborn Edsel Ford, 53-0 and will have another easy time this Friday when they play at Dearborn Heights Crestwood (1-2).
19. Grand Rapids Christian (3-0), A: Christian opened the O-K Gold Division season with a 65-8 victory over Wyoming. On Friday the Eagles will receive a real test when they play at Grand Rapids South Christian (3-0).
20. Rochester Adams (3-0), A: The Highlanders looked strong again last week as they defeated Oxford, 33-13. They play at Bloomfield Hills on Friday.
21. Warren Mott (3-0), A: The Marauders had no trouble with Port Huron (50-0) last week and now they face the most challenging part of their schedule. They play at Macomb Dakota on Friday before hosting Chippewa Valley the following week.
22. Detroit East English Village Prep (3-0), A: The Bulldogs won by forfeit last week and are scheduled to play at Detroit Southeastern on Friday.
23. Canton (2-1), A: The Chiefs return to the top 25 after defeating Hartland, 54-6. The next three weeks will go a long way in determining Canton’s season. Next up is Salem (2-1) at Salem on Friday.
24. Fenton (3-0), A: The Tigers made their first appearance in the top 25 after a 42-0 victory over Owosso. Receiver Chance Setzke had four receptions for 79 yards and two TDs. Fenton will host its Wounded Warrior Game on Friday against its top rival, Linden (3-0).
25. Dearborn Fordson (3-0), A: The Tractors make their debut in the top 25 after defeating Garden City, 42-6. Fordson will host Dearborn Edsel Ford on Friday.Tweet