Burney’s ‘Dirty Dozen’ – The Best 12 Boys Basketball Players In The State
By Scott Burnstein
EDITOR’S NOTE: Please note that Clarkston Senior Forward Thomas Kithier was omitted from this list due to questions regarding his eligibility for the 2017-18 Basketball Season.
1. Foster Loyer (Clarkston Sr. G) – Just start calling him Mr. Basketball right now
2. Brandon Johns (East Lansing Sr. F) – The PERFECT “stretch 4”
3. Marcus Bingham (Grand Rapids Catholic Central Sr. F) – Maybe the highest upside going forward of any player in the whole state…..YEAH, I SAID IT!!
4. Trevion Williams (Dearborn Henry Ford Academy Sr. F) – Draymond Green 2:0, but taller
5. Romeo Weems (New Haven Jr. G/F) – Total terror on the wing, No. 1 junior in the state
6. David Dejulius (Detroit East English Village Sr. G) – The definition of explosive as a lead guard
7. Gabe Brown (Belleville Sr. F) – Southpaw assassin, workhorse on the wing that can hurt opponents in the lane, on the boards and on the perimeter ……ENOUGH SAID!!!
8. Harlond Beverly (Southfield Christian Jr. G) – Smooth as silk, long, active, versatile, unselfish….any questions?
9. Lamar Norman (Wyoming Godwin Heights Sr. G) – Slick and relentless playmaker, the player in the state that people don’t talk about enoughand don’t know enough about….. BUT SHOULD. Swagger by the boatload.
10. Mark (Rocket) Watts (Detroit Old Redford Jr. G) – Complete Killer of a floor general, does everything you want from a point guard and does it with style
11. Isaiah Jackson (Detroit Old Redford Soph. F) – Out of nowhere developed into probably the state’s premier sophomore hoop prospect right now
12. Taylor Currie (Clarkston Sr. C) – The No. 1 “inside-outside” post player in the senior class, only started to scratch the surface on his talent set last year as a sophomore before reclassifying this summer.