INDIANA FOOTBALL RECRUITING NOTEBOOK: Cathedral’s Elliott Flies Off To Air Force
Indianapolis Cathedral senior offensive lineman Tex Elliott committed to Air Force over the weekend. The 6-foot-5, 290-pounder is a left guard. In addition to his pancake prowess in the trenches, Elliott excels in the classroom and was targeted for recruiting by a number of military service academies and Ivy League programs. MAC schools, Ball State and Central Michigan came after him hard as well. His Cathedral teammate, senior safety Shiloh Means committed to Penn last month.
Air Force is 10-2 and ranked No. 25 in America. The Falcons play out of the Mountain West.
Trips to campus
• Lafayette Jefferson junior defensive lineman Peyton Price visited Wisconsin last weekend.
• Center Grove sophomore defensive lineman Caden Curry visited Notre Dame two weeks ago.
• New Prairie sophomore offensive lineman Hunter Whitenack and Indianapolis Brebeuf Jesuit sophomore Joe Strickland both visited Iowa last Saturday.
Offering a ride
• Lawrence North junior quarterback Donaven McCulley was offered by Wake Forest over the weekend. McCulley, a 6-foot-5 dual-threat field general, is ranked a four-star prospect by most recruiting websites. Indiana, Purdue, Kentucky and Missouri have all come in with offers since the spring. This year, he passed for 1,960 yards and 17 touchdowns.
• On the heels of taking home a state title, Carmel junior offensive tackle Justin Pickett just picked up his first DI offer from Kent State.
— SCOTT M. BURNSTEIN