Racing To The Top Of The Mountain – Who’s Gonna Be The Man?
Burney’s Top 5 Mr. Basketball Candidates & Their Odds To Win It
1. Cassius Winston (Detroit UD-Jesuit) 2-to-1 odds – Best point guard the Catholic League has seen since Kalin Lucas, will be beloved in East Lansing mark my words!!
2. Austin Davis (Onsted) – 5-to-1 odds – Elite post presence, as fundamentally-sound on the block as any prep center in the U.S., the consistency factor with this kid if OFF THE CHARTS!
3. Brailyn Neely (Detroit Western) 7-to-1 odds – Frontrunner for Mr. PSL, rare breed of floor general, the next KFelder at Oakland….yeah, I SAID IT!!
4. Kamari Newman (Detroit EEV) 8-to-1 odds– All SWAGGER on the wing, his arsenal of moves on offense is scary deep and smooth as silk, watching this young man in the open court is like seeing a young EVAN TURNER!!
5. (tie) Corey Allen (Ypsilanti) – 10-to-1 odds – Does everything really, really well, a winner in every way, definition of a coachable and unselfish superstar
5. (tie) Spencer Littleson (RH Adams) 12-to-1 odds – SUPERSONIC SLEEPER SPECIAL, might deserve the award on his pure versatility, efficiency, coldblooded nature and overall importance to his squad
5. (tie) Justin Turner (Detroit Renaissance) 12-to-1 odds – Maybe the most underrated backcourt prospect in the entire state