MHSAA announces eight new members of Student Advisory Council for 2020-21
Eight rising juniors were named to serve two-year terms on the Michigan High School Athletic Association’s Student Advisory Council, it was announced Monday, joining the eight remaining rising seniors who will be serving out their second year in the 2020-21 school year.
The new members are:
• Caledonia’s Brinlee Barry
• Frankenmuth’s Faith Breinager
• Dearborn’s Amina Ferris
• Britton Deerfield’s Nicolas Johnson
• Peck’s Brenna Kosal
• Three Oaks River Valley’s Ashton McNabb
• Orchard Lake St. Mary’s Brock Porter
• Ypsilanti Lincoln’s Melik Williams
The SAC meets seven times each year, including a 24-hour leadership camp, and provides feedback for the MHSAA on issues from a student athlete’s perspective, as well as helping present sportsmanship summits, and handing out trophies at championship events.
This year’s group came from a pool of a record number of applicants, 179, roughly twice as many as normally apply.