Hockey State Rankings – Top-ranked Detroit C.C. faces big tests this week
1. Detroit Catholic Central. The high-scoring Shamrocks stay on top. Big weekend as they take on U-D Jesuit and Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook Friday and Saturday at Compuware.
2. Rochester United. Handed Utica Eisenhower its first loss and remain unbeaten.
3. Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook Kingswood. Cranes have shown they can play, and beat anybody. That will be put to the test Saturday against Detroit Catholic Central.
4. Utica Eisenhower. Just a loss to Rochester and a great story continues out of the Macomb Area Conference Red.
5. Houghton. Gremlins remain unbeaten at 9-0-2 with a big match looming against Brighton on Friday.
6. Birmingham Brother Rice. The Warriors have established themselves as the team to beat thus far in Division 2.
7. U-D Jesuit. The Cubs scored back-to-back wins over Warren De LaSalle to force their way into the top 10. Big weekend forthcoming with tilts against Catholic Central and Flint Powers Catholic.
8. Northville. Mustangs suffered their first loss of the season to a solid Plymouth squad, and bounced back nicely with a convincing win over Livonia Stevenson.
9. Plymouth. Coach Gerry Vento has his Wildcats on a roll and appear to be the team to beat in the Kensington South.
10. Grand Rapids Catholic Central. Coach Slobodnik has his squad at 10-1 on the young season, with its only loss coming to Cranbrook.
11. Trenton. Four dominating wins in a row for the Trojans by a combined score of 36-3.
12. Berkley Unified. Coach Flemings squad has ripped off 5 straight impressive wins.
13. Grand Rapids Forest Hills Central. Coach Zaschak is working wonders with his Rangers thus far. Only two losses on the season, both coming to Grand Rapids Catholic Central.
14. Flint Powers Catholic. Powers continues to roll up the victories, and only have a loss to Cranbrook so far.
15. Novi. Coach Vellucci used a tough early schedule to get his Wildcats battle tested, and they have responded with four straight wins, led by the dynamic Brad Hofelich.
16. Grandville. Coach Breazeale has his Bulldogs as one of the best squads on the West Side of the State.
17. Salem. The Rocks appear to be the most serious threat to Plymouth in the Kensington Lakes South.
18. Brighton. Bulldogs stay put, following up a loss to Brother Rice with wins over Livonia Stevenson and Livonia Churchill.
19. Walled Lake Northern. The Knights have yet to lose, and that will be put to the test with a match against Hartland looming.
20. Dearborn Divine Child. Coach Kaleniecki and his Falcons know they are going to have their hands full in the suddenly loaded Metro League East.
21. Wyandotte Roosevelt. The Bears are another team out of the Metro League East that is going to make things interesting down the stretch.
22. Livonia Stevenson. The young Spartans have experienced some growing pains as of late, going 0-2-1 in their last three games.
23. Grosse Pointe Woods University Liggett. Coach Hamilton’s squad looking to make an already interesting Division 3 even more interesting.
24. Grosse Pointe South. Another teams out of the Metro League East, Coach McKillop’s Blue Devils only have 2 losses on the season, both coming to University Liggett.
25. Rockford. The Rams have two losses so far, to No. 10 Grand Rapids Catholic Central, and No. 13 Grand Rapids Forest Hills Central. This is a solid Division 1 team.