Top 25 HS Football Teams – KLAA surprise teams; Churchill, Hartland enter rankings
~~1. Clarkston (2-0): The Wolves whipped Bloomfield Hills, 38-7, last week. The schedule toughens up the next three weeks (next three opponents have a combined 5-1 record).
2. Muskegon (2-0): Muskegon trailed Grand Rapids Christian 21-10 at halftime before it controlled theh second half (29-21 victory).
3. Birmingham Brother Rice (2-0): The Warriors played better defense last week (31-7 over Toledo St. John’s).
4. Rockford (2-0): Rockford trailed Holt 20-14 at halftie before storming back for a 40-28 victory.
5. Detroit Cass Tech (2-0): The Technicians are headed for a showdown with Detroit King in the PSL playoffs..
6. Warren De La Salle (2-0): The Pilots play their third non-Michigan school this week in Canada Prep Academy.
7. Detroit King (2-0): King’s defense goes for shutout No. 2 this week against Detroit Collegiate Prep.
8. DeWitt (2-0): The Panthers have scored 80 points and open play in the CAC this week.
9. Orchard Lake St. Mary’s (2-0): St. Mary’s breezed past Harper Woods Chandler Park Academy, 55-6.
10. Caledonia (2-0): The Fighting Scots open play in the O-K White this week against Grand Rapids Forest Hills Central.
11. Oak Park (1-1): The Knights need to show consistency week by week.
12. Macomb Dakota (1-1): The Cougars bounced back nicely handing Clinton Township Ch;ippewa Valley a 42-21 loss.
13. Lowell (2-0): Still untested, the Red Arrows travel to East Grand Rapids this Friday.
14. East Grand Rapids (2-0): A huge week for the Pioneers. Lowell has won last three meetings.
15. Muskegon Mona Shores (2-0): A date with Rockford this week could define the Sailors’ season.
16. Farmington Hills Harrison (2-0): A major test this week as the Hawks host Oak Pak.
17. Hudsonville (2-0): Hudsonville will be on Rockford’s heels in the O-K Red all season.
18. Warren Mott (2-0): Mott was a bit sloppy last week. Can’t afford to be this week at Dakota.
19. Northville (2-0): The Mustangs could be the best team in the KLAA.
20. Oxford (2-0): The Wildcats showed they could play defense (7-0 over Rochester Hills Stoney Creek)last week, too.
21. Traverse City Central (2-0): Traverse City West and Detroit Catholic Central are Central’s bext two opponents.
22. Livonia Churchill (2-0): Brian Alsobrooks is one of the more underrated quarterbacks.
23. Lansing Sexton (2-0): The Big Reds have proven to be good road warriors.
24. Hartland (2-0): A come-from-behind 24-21 victory over Canton is impressive.
25. Midand Dow (2-0): Dow hosts Brian Cole and Saginaw Heriitage this week.