Top 25 HS Football Teams: Mona Shores moves to No. 5 as top four teams remain the same
1. Muskegon (4-0), A: The Big Reds defeated a respectable Byron Center team, 63-14, and are expected to have another easy time this week against winless Grand Rapids Union.
2. Detroit Cass Tech (2-1), A: The Technicians had a bye last week and will play Detroit College Prep on Friday.
3. Utica Eisenhower (4-0), A: Caleb Oyster scored two touchdowns in the fourth quarter as the Eagles held on to defeat Clinton Township Chippewa Valley, 49-42 last week. Eisenhower plays at Romeo on Friday.
4. Detroit King (3-1), A: King disposed Detroit Pershing, 48-0, last week and will play at Detroit Renaissance this Friday.
5. Muskegon Mona Shores (4-0), A: The Sailors, led by Tristan Robbins at quarterback, defeated Muskegon Reeths-Puffer, 44-6, last week. Mona Shores will host an improved Jenison team on Friday.
6. East Grand Rapids (4-0), A: The Pioneers defeated Middleville-Thornapple-Kellogg, 34-0, last week and will host winless Wyoming on Friday.
7. Lowell (3-1), A: The Red Arrows will host Greenville on Friday after defeating Grand Rapids Ottawa Hills, 63-19.
8. Clinton Township Chippewa Valley (3-1), A: The Big Reds ran out of time last week as they lost to Eisenhower, 49-42. Tommy Schuster’s TD with 35 seconds left brought Chippewa Valley within seven with 35 seconds left and the Big Reds then recovered a fumble but couldn’t come through on a last-second Hail Mary pass. Chippewa Valley plays at Warren Mott on Friday.
9. Traverse City West (4-0), A: In what could have been a trap game following West’s 29-27 victory over Traverse City Central on Sept. 8, the Titans defeated Petoskey, 52-20, last week. They play their fourth consecutive home this Friday against Alpena.
10. East Kentwood (4-0), A: The Falcons got their offense in gear last week with a 46-32 victory over Grand Rapids Forest Hills Northern. The next two games, both at home, against Grandville and Holland West Ottawa will give us a better indication of just how good East Kentwood is.
11. Oak Park (3-1), A: The Knights, in their most complete game of the season, defeated Birmingham Groves, 34-14, last week as quarterback Corey Graham played his best game of the season. Oak Park plays at Rochester Hills Stoney Creek on Friday.
12. Davison (4-0), A: The Cardinals had the opportunity to rest many of their starters last week as they defeated Flint Southwestern, 49-0. This Friday Davison hosts Saginaw.
13. Saline (3-1), A: The Hornets defeated Ann Arbor Huron, 64-6, and will play at Ann Arbor Skyline on Friday.
14. Rochester Adams (4-0), A: The Highlanders move up six spots after defeating Bloomfield Hills, 54-14. They play host to West Bloomfield on Friday in an important OAA Red Division game.
15. Dearborn Divine Child (4-0), B: The Falcons had difficulty with Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook Kingswood last week but prevailed 28-14. It was a one-score game in the fourth quarter until William Duren scored his second TD of the game, this one from 16 yards out. On Friday they host U-D Jesuit.
16. Belleville (4-0), A: The Tigers whipped Dearborn Heights Crestwood, 62-0, last week and host Dearborn on Friday.
17. Grand Rapids Christian (4-0), A: Christian defeated previously unbeaten Grand Rapids South Christian, 33-12, and will host Cedar Springs in what could be a trap game on Friday. Christian has East Grand Rapids the following week.
18. Canton (3-1), A: One of many good teams that have rebounded from a season-opening loss, the Chiefs defeated Salem, 44-14, last week and host Novi on Friday.
19. Detroit East English Village Prep (4-0), A: The Bulldogs defeated Detroit Southeastern, 46-0, last week and host Detroit Delta Prep on Friday.
20. Fenton (4-0), A: The Tigers played their biggest game of the season and easily defeated Linden, 48-13. Quarterback Josh Czarnota threw for 221 yards and three TDs, and didn’t play in the fourth quarter. They play at Clio on Friday.
21. Dearborn Fordson (4-0), A: The Tractors defeated Dearborn Edsel Ford, 49-14, last week and they play at Dearborn Heights Crestwood on Friday.
22. West Bloomfield (2-2), A: The highest ranked two-loss team, the Lakers gained over 450 yards last week in their 37-15 victory over previously unbeaten Clarkston. The Lakers play yet another important OAA Red Division game at Rochester Adams on Friday.
23. Macomb Dakota (3-1), A: Dakota played well last week, defeating previously unbeaten Warren Mott, 34-14. The Coyugars play at Sterling Heights Stevenson on Friday.
24. Warren DeLaSalle (3-1), A: The Pilots have grouped well after losing to Lowell, 36-6, in the opener and took a big step toward playing for the Catholic League title by defeating Birmingham Brother Rice, 36-14, last week. They play at Orchard Lake St. Mary’s on Friday.
25. Detroit Catholic Central (2-2), A: The Shamrocks lost again to a team from Ohio. This time it was to Cleveland St. Ignatius, 38-7. C.C. plays Birmingham Brother Rice in its annual Boys Bowl next Sunday at 1 p.m.