Top 25 HS Football Teams: Muskegon finishes the regular season as the top team, Eisenhower is No. 2
1. Muskegon (9-0), A: Davion McCall rushed for 82 yards and two TDs to help the Big Reds defeat Jenison 66-7 last week. It’s Muskegon’s first 9-0 regular season since 2008, the last season the Big Reds won a state title.
2. Utica Eisenhower (9-0), A: Eisenhower defeated Utica Ford, 38-20, last week and is 9-0 for the second consecutive season.
3. Detroit King (8-1), A: King jumped out to a 14-0 halftime lead and went on to defeat Detroit East English Village Prep, 21-0, for the league title last week. It’s King’s second PSL title in the last three seasons.
4. East Grand Rapids (9-0), A: The Pioneers got past Grand Rapids South Christian, 13-7, last week and finished the regular season 9-0 for the first time since 2010. The Pioneers last won a state title that same season.
5. Clinton Township Chippewa Valley (8-1), A: The Big Reds whipped New Baltimore Anchor Bay, 45-6, last week. This is the second time the Big Reds have finished the regular season 8-1 since the 2003 season.
6. Muskegon Mona Shores (8-1), A: The Sailors defeated Fruitport, 49-6, on Friday. Mona Shores won eight games for just the fourth time in school history.
7. Saline (7-1), A: The Hornets defeated Ypsilanti, 24-13, on Oct. 13 to finish the regular season on a seven-game winning streak.
8. Belleville (9-0), A: Belleville defeated Temperance Bedford, 27-24, and finished the regular season undefeated for the first time since 1995.
9. Detroit Cass Tech (6-2), A: The Technicians defeated Detroit Collegiate Prep at Northwestern, 47-0, and are in the playoffs for the 10th consecutive season.
10. Canton (8-1), A: Canton trailed Livonia Churchill, 21-20, after three quarters before coming back to win, 35-21. The Chiefs rushed for 461 yards led by Colin Troup’s 174 on 25 carries. Canton has won eight games in nine of the last 10 seasons.
11. West Bloomfield (7-2), A: Bryce Veasley accounted for six TDs and the Lakers defeated Birmingham Groves, 49-26. West Bloomfield will make its fourth consecutive playoff appearance.
12. Warren DeLaSalle (7-2), A: With their 35-14 victory, the Pilots defeated Detroit Catholic Central for the second consecutive week. Saturday’s victory gave DeLaSalle its first Catholic League title since 2008.
13. Rochester Adams (8-1), A: The Highlanders whipped Rochester Hills Stoney Creek, 45-7, last week to finish the regular season with eight victories for the first time since 2008.
14. Grand Rapids Forest Hills Central (8-0), A: The Rangers defeated Wayland Union, 35-0, last week to finish the regular season 9-0 for the first time since 1991.
15. Wyandotte Roosevelt (9-0): A: The Bears defeated Melvindale, 56-21, and finished the regular season undefeated for the third time since 2009.
16. Livonia Churchill (7-2), A: The Chargers led Canton 21-20 before losing 35-21 last week. They’re in the playoffs for the fifth time in the last seven years.
17. DeWitt (8-1), A: The Panthers whipped Portage Northern, 49-14, last week and are in the playoffs for the 17th time in the last 18 seasons.
18. Grand Ledge (8-1), A: The Comets defeated Holt, 17-3, last week to avenge a 30-20 loss to the Rams last season.
19. Traverse City West (8-1), A: West lost to Coldwater, 24-9, last week but the Titans still finished the regular season with their best record since 2004.
20. Midland (8-1), A: The Chemics defeated Midland Dow, 49-21, last week and finished the regular season with at least eight victories for the 10th time in the last 15 seasons.
21. Holland West Ottawa (8-1), A: The Panthers defeated Grandville, 34-18, last week to clinch the O-K Conference Red Division title outright. West Ottawa’s 8-1 record is its best since it went 8-1 in 1992.
22. Waterford Mott (8-1), A: The Corsairs outlasted Fenton, 42-28, last week and are 8-1 for the first time since 1973.
23. Fenton (8-1), A: The Tigers lost to Waterford Mott, 42-28, last week but have won at least eight games in a season for the eighth consecutive season.
24. Oak Park (7-2), A: The Knights defeated Bloomfield Hills, 58-39, last week and qualified for the playoffs for the sixth consecutive season.
25. Walled Lake Western (8-1), A: Western whipped Walled Lake Central, 42-0, last week and have won at least eight games in a season for the seventh consecutive season.