Top 25 HS Football Teams: Upsets mark week 6 play as four teams, including Grand Blanc, enter the list for the first time
1. Muskegon (6-0), A: The Big Reds scored a touchdown on every possession except the last one that ended the game and they defeated Grand Rapids Union, 70-0. Muskegon will host Grand Rapids Kenowa Hills on Friday.
2. Detroit Cass Tech (4-1), A: The Technicians whipped Detroit Cody, 42-8, last week and will play at Detroit Mumford on Friday in preparation for the PSL playoffs, which begin Oct. 13.
3. Utica Eisenhower (6-0), A: Eisenhower defeated Macomb L’Anse Creuse North, 42-0, last week and will host Sterling Heights Stevenson on Friday.
4. Detroit King (5-1), A: The Crusaders defeated a much-improved Detroit Denby team, 27-6, and will play Detroit Central on Friday.
5. Muskegon Mona Shores (6-0), A: The Sailors defeated Grand Rapids Kenowa Hills, 48-6, last week and will play at Grand Rapids Union on Friday.
6. East Grand Rapids (6-0), A: Brennan Bevins scored three TDs to lead the Pioneers to a 28-7 victory over Grand Rapids Christian last week. On Friday they’ll play at Wayland Union.
7. Clinton Township Chippewa Valley (5-1), A: For the second week in a row the Big Reds went to their second string early as they defeated Utica, 44-0. The big game on their schedule is always Macomb Dakota and the two MAC Red Division teams play this Friday.
8. Traverse City West (6-0), A: West defeated Benton Harbor, 30-13, last week and this Friday will play at Cadillac.
9. Oak Park (5-1), A: The Knights thumped Berkley, 62-0, last week and play at Farmington Hills Harrison on Friday.
10. Saline (5-1), A: The Hornets defeated Monroe, 42-14, last week and on Friday they’ll play host to Ann Arbor Pioneer.
11. Belleville (6-0), A: Belleville won perhaps the biggest game in coach Jermain Crowell’s tenure as the Tigers defeated Dearborn Fordson, 35-7, last week. This Friday they host Garden City. .
12. Canton (5-1), A: Quarterback Conner Engel completed four passes, three for TDs, as Canton defeated Livonia Stevenson, 40-28, last week. Canton plays at Howell this Friday.
13. West Bloomfield (4-2), A: Bryce Veasley threw three TD passes as the Lakers pulled away from Oxford for a 57-27 victory last week. This Friday West Bloomfield will host Troy Athens.
14. Fenton (6-0), A: Quarterback Josh Czarnota rushed for 120 yards and one TD on 19 carries as the Tigers defeated Holly, 42-6.Clio. This Friday they host Flushing.
15. Warren DeLaSalle (5-1), A: The Pilots forced two turnovers and held Dearborn Divine Child to 72 passing yards and defeated the Falcons, 42-14, last week. On Friday DeLaSalle will host Erie (PA) Cathedral.
16. Macomb Dakota (5-1), A: Dakota defeated Utica Ford, 55-10, and will host Chippewa Valley on Friday.
17. Detroit East English Village Prep (6-0), A: The Bulldogs had a bit of trouble against Detroit Western last week but held on for a 52-26 victory. This Friday they play at Detroit Osborn.
18. Detroit Catholic Central (4-2), A: The Shamrocks defeated Dayton Dunbar, 56-32, last week and will host Orchard Lake St. Mary’s on Friday.
19. Rochester Adams (5-1), A: The Highlanders defeated Southfield A&T, 38-14, last week and will host Clarkston on Friday.
20. Rockford (4-2), A: The Rams are starting to play well offensively. Last week they defeated Grandville, 27-0, and this Friday they play at Holland West Ottawa on Friday for first place in the O-K Conference Red Division.
21. Wyandotte Roosevelt (6-0): A: The Bears make their first appearance this season after whipping Trenton, 42-0, last week. On Friday they play at Southgate Anderson.
22. Grand Ledge (5-1), A: The Comets defeated Jackson, 35-12, last week and will play at Lansing Eastern on Friday.
23. Grand Blanc (6-0), A: The Bobcats enter the top 25 for the first time after defeating Northville, 38-30, last week. They host Livonia Churchill on Friday.
24. Midland (5-1), A: The Chemics are one of many good teams that lost their first game and have played well since. It’s not how you start but how you finish. Midland upset previously unbeaten Davison, 39-25, last week. Midland trailed 13-0 and outscored Davison, 16-6, in the second half. Midland will play at Saginaw this Friday.
25. Waterford Mott (5-1), A: The Corsairs rarely make an appearance in our top 25. A xx-xx victory over Walled Lake Western on Sept. 15 opened some eyes. Last week they defeated South Lyon East, 47-0, as quarterback David McCullum was 21-of-23 passing for 250 yards and four TDs. Mott plays at South Lyon on Friday.